The Minnesota Council of Airports (MCOA) provides and shares with airport officials an understanding of mutual concerns affecting Minnesota air transportation through meetings, conferences and correspondence. We provide information to all Minnesota airports, with special consideration for the smaller airports. It is important to us that access to and education about state-of-the-art technology in airport maintenance and operation be available to all.
We work closely with and provide an opportunity for members to work in close cooperation with the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Office of Aeronautics. MCOA works jointly with the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Office of Aeronautics to identify and solve problems and fulfill needs. In addition, we provide a unified voice on critical aviation legislation in both the state and national arena.
Minnesota airports are among the best in the nation. MCOA recognizes this achievement with annual awards. We encourage managers and employees to continually strive toward quality and innovative improvements. MCOA also offers annual scholarships to college students enrolled in aviation and aviation management programs.
MCOA was formed to provide airport owners and operators with a forum for information exchange to improve airports and aviation in the state.
Our MCOA Mission is to insure the safe operation and adequate funding of all Minnesota airports using the members’ collective voices and the exchange of best practices.
Our objectives are:
- To promote safety, economic value, and public benefit at all of the airports in the State of Minnesota.
- To collect, compile and distribute information about airports and the management of airport affairs.
- To support airport management and owners to achieve efficient, safe operations and build value for their airports in their communities.
- To develop and perpetuate the Minnesota Council of Airports as an agency enabling the exchange of information among airport managers, owners, vendors, MnDOT Aeronautics, the FAA and legislators.
- To investigate, study, discuss, recommend, and promote improvement in the aviation system to airport managers, owners, MnDOT Aeronautics, the FAA and legislators.
- To insure funds collected from aviation users are used to support airports, and the aviation system, in the State of Minnesota.
- To do any and all things necessary and proper to assist airports in the management and administration of their affairs.